LOST in Sikkim
Best part about being a biker is that you get to fill your mind with dreams and bring all your fantasies to life. If you are a speed demon all you gotta do is head to a race track and whack the throttle wide to bring that adrenaline rush in your life, If you are an offroader you can just free yourself from all shackles and head to the remotest location in your mind to break free and if you are someone like me who loves to travel and explore new places then there’s a world waiting for us. This urge of exploring a never seen world before filled my mind with one destination far in the North Eastern part of our country – Sikkim, A Land of Natural beauty. About the title, LOST in Sikkim to many might sound like someone lost their way in Sikkim or to the more adventurous ones it might sound more like someone got engrossed in the beauty of the mountains that they actually got lost in admiration of the place. Well it’s actually our riding group’s name, LOST (League Of Sport Tourers) and since our destination was Sikkim we decided to call the ride “LOST in Sikkim”
As a traveller you got to love our country as it offers so much to explore in its unique parts. I consider myself lucky to have seen many beautiful parts of our country from the green hill stations of South India to the beautiful dunes in deserts of Rajasthan to the snow capped mountains of Ladakh. But there is so much more to see in our country that a greedy traveller’s mind keeps searching for places where he has not endeavoured yet. This very thought of seeing something unseen and capturing the beauty of unexplored places through our lens by the best possible means which is by riding a motorcycle brought us to Sikkim.
A very brief introduction about the riders mentioned below:
- Sachin Nair + 1 (Manisha) – That’s Me! I was riding my Kawasaki Ninja 650 for this ride along with my wife as pillion.
- Shreyash Malani – Riding the Kawasaki Ninja 650, he has done Ladakh road-trip on his Ninja 650 so North East was a welcoming trip for him.
- Nikunj Kosambi – Riding the Honda CBR650F, he has done Rajasthan circuit on his Ninja 300 and after buying his inline 4 dream motorcycle he was ready for the big adventure of a lifetime.
- Deepan Devraj – Riding the Kawasaki Ninja 300, we have rode together to Ladakh, Bhutan and this was the third mountain outing for us together.
- Vaibhav Jadhav + 1 (Amruta) – Riding the Honda CBR250R, he has done Ladakh journey on his Ninja 300 before selling the bike. Another brilliant rider to have on such a ride.
Our Sincere Thanks to Motul India who have been our Lubricant partners for this ride and supplied us with Motul 300V motorcycle oils, chain cleaners and lubes for all the bikes in this ride. A special mention to HV Kumar who always helps us with route planning which is a very important aspect for any road-trip. His immaculate study of Indian Highways and willingness to help traveler’s is a boon for riders like us. Keep up the good work Chief! Boy I am excited to write this blog and from the next post onward the ride begins and I hope the photos and write up does justice to this lovely destination – Sikkim. Stay Tuned Folks!